June 24, 2014

Review #45--The Truth of Me


 This one is amazing!
This is the reason I love reading my way through the NYPL's List of 100 Titles to Read and Share.



#45 The Truth of Me by Patricia MacLachlan
4 Cheers!
I love discovering beautiful books. This is one of them.
Patricia MacLachlan has been writing books for decades, and her newest stories are as fresh as ever, brimming with depth and warm humor. Each chapter rolls out with clipped, meaning-filled sentences, brief and child-like. The Truth of Me was delightful and swept me away, which is what I am always searching for in a story! 
It is also at a comfortable reading level for 3rd graders to enjoy on their own. The story follows Robbie and his dog as they spend the summer with Grandma Maddy, who has some secrets to share.
I am putting this book on my READ ALOUD shelf :)



Find more books here:



 And some fun learning ideas:



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love Patricia MacLachlan! I love that I never know what to expect from her books other than a really powerful read. She is so amazingly gifted! Thanks for sharing this with us at Booknificent Thursday!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete