May 6, 2014

Review #39-- Call Me Oklahoma!


The next section of the NYPL's List of 100 Titles to Read and Share is:
Stories for Younger Readers
6 – 8 years old

 These are small-ish chapter books very applicable to 2nd and 3rd grade. 
Some are even geared toward 4th graders, like this one!



#39 Call Me Oklahoma! by Miriam Glassman

2 Cheers
Paige Turner is going into the 4th grade with a new outlook, 
hoping she can transform herself by changing her name to . . . Oklahoma!

It was an OK read (punny . . . hehehe). I think it would appeal mostly to 4th grade girls. For me, the story wasn’t riveting enough for me to choose it as a read aloud but I can think of some of my girls who would enjoy it.



Coming next week . . . Book Review #40
featuring Fortunately the Milk by Neil Gaiman.
Bring some cookies along for this great read, it is a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment