February 18, 2015

Children Make Terrible Pets

ImagePicture books have a way of showing me the world from new points of view, in simple ways and often funny ways. Humor opens doors :)
Awhile back I read Mr. Tiger Goes Wild with my students--it was one of my favorite Interactive Read Alouds. I loved the book, so I naturally wanted to see what else the author, Peter Brown, had written. Among many books, Children Make Terrible Pets caught my eye.

For all patient mothers who have listened (and listened and listened) to the ongoing plea for a dog or a frog-- this story is for you. And for your animal-obsessed children. :) Peter Brown deftly explores the question: What if a wild animal took YOU as a pet? The results, as you may imagine, are fantastically funny, and may hit close to home (I remember the snakes my brothers would bring home). Enjoy!

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment